ICC Athletics Carnival
With Athletics as the last event of the sporting calendar we were hoping for a few points to add to our total for the ICC Competition. In the end we came fifth however we had some good performances.
- In the 100m David Boyes placed fourth with a time of 12:01.
- Andrew White came fourth in the 400m in a time of 53:49.Hayden D’Addona placed fifth again in the 110m hurdles in 19:01.
- Finn-McCauley Wassell competed for Leo’s in the 800m and came in fifth place with a time of 2.20:47.
- David Boyes came fifth in the 200m in a time of 24:22.
- In the 4x100m relay we had a team made up of Matt Hurrell, Kelbie Davidson, David Boyes and Daniel Niven. Their time of 47:99 gave them fifth place.
- Andrew White, Finn McCauley-Wassell, Hayden D’Addona and Kelbie Davidson also came in fifth in the 4x400m relay in a time of 3.57:18.
- Andrew White took part in the 1500m event and came in sixth with a time of 4.34:78.
- In the discus event Matt Hurrell came in first place with a best throw of 31.78m.
- Matt Hurrell’s best javelin throw of 39.1m pushed him to fourth place.
- Matt Hurrell completed the hatrick of throwing events when he came fourth in the shot put with a best throw of 9.21m.
- In the triple jump Hayden D’Addona came in fifth with a best jump of 11.29m.
- Hayden D’Addona came sixth in the long jump with a best jump of 5.2m.
- Andrew White competed in the high jump event and came in fifth place with a best jump of 1.57m.
Overall we came in fourth place in the Sports Cup comp.
There were still 3 events to go in the ICC Cultural Comp so we were keen to increase our points total.
First Year Resident Patrick Dowling represented St Leo’s at Oratory this year.
Picture shows Patrick in One Act Play.
ICC One Act Play
We came in ninth place.
A lot of effort went into this year’s Dancefest in the hopes we could come somewhere other than last. There was more practicing, money was spent on a set and costumes and in we came in ninth place – which is one above last – so it is a new high for us!
Slater Wright was a clown who was trying to find out which style of dance was right for him. He explored some synchronised swimming, chorus line dancing, mime and the balloon dance!